Hawaii Marriage License Information
Obtaining a Hawaii marriage license is a simple and stress free process. All you need is $65.00 cash, and a valid photo ID or drivers license. Hawaii does not require that a blood test be taken or that witnesses be present. Once a Hawaii marriage license is obtained the ceremony can take place immediately.
• Important - According to the State of Hawaii Department of Health Vital Records Division the marriage license expires 30 days from and including the date of issuance, after which it automatically becomes null and void.
Click on the links below for information on obtaining a Hawaii marriage license.
State of Hawaii Marriage License Information Website:
Hawaii Marriage License Information
Apply Online for a Hawaii Marriage License:
To visit the Hawaii online marriage license website, click on the link below:
To view the application instructions for the online Hawaii marriage license process, click on the link below:
Online Application Instructions
Printable Hawaii Marriage License Application:
These Hawaii marriage license application forms are available in PDF format.
Get Adobe Acrobat Reader for free here.
A fillable Hawaii Marriage License Application with instructions that can be filled out on a computer and then printed.
Fillable Hawaii Marriage License Application
A printable Hawaii Marriage License Application that can be printed and then completed by hand.
Download Hawaii Marriage License Application
Downloadable Hawaii Marriage Licanse Application Instuctions
About Hawaii Marriage Licenses
Once the license has been issued, there is no waiting period before the marriage can take place. The marriage license is good for 30 days from the time it was issued.
Who is Eligible to Apply for a Marriage License?
- There are no state residence or U.S. citizenship requirements.
- Blood tests are not required.
- The legal age to marry is 18 years for both males and females.
- Males or females of 16 or 17 years of age who wish to marry require the written consent of both parents, legal guardian, or the family court. The parents or legal guardian do not have to be residents of the state. Consent forms may be obtained from a marriage license agent.
- Males or females of 15 years of age who wish to marry require the written consent of both parents or legal guardian, and the written approval of a judge of the family court. The parents or legal guardian do not have to be residents of the state. Consent forms may be obtained from a marriage license agent.
- Proof of age is required. A certified copy of a birth certificate must be presented for anyone 18 years of age or under. A valid I.D. or driver's license may be presented for anyone 19 years of age or over.
- If previously married, proof of original divorce decree or death certificate needs to be presented to the marriage agent by the applicant if the divorce or death was final within 30 days of applying for a marriage license.
- Cousins may marry. However, the blood relationship between the prospective bride and groom cannot be closer than first cousins.
How to Apply for a Hawaii Marriage License
- The prospective bride and groom must appear together in person before a marriage license agent to apply for a marriage license. Proxies are not allowed.
- The prospective bride and groom should be prepared to provide the necessary proof of age and present any required written consents and approvals. All of the necessary documents should be obtained prior to applying for a marriage license.
- The prospective bride and groom must prepare an official application and file the application in person with the marriage license agent. The application may be completed online (see website above). The application will not be accepted if sent by either postal mail or e-mail.
- Upon approval, a marriage license is issued at the time the application is made.
- The marriage license fee is $60.00 (plus $5.00 portal administrative cost). The fee may be paid online or in-person at the time the application is submitted to a marriage license agent.
- The marriage license is good only in, but is valid throughout, the State of Hawaii.
- The marriage license expires 30 days from and including the date of issuance, after which it automatically becomes null and void.
Where to Apply for a Hawaii Marriage License
Molokai Weddings can assist you to schedule an appointment with a Hawaii marriage license agent on our beautiful island of Molokai before the wedding ceremony.
If you have completed the online Hawaii marriage license application please remember to bring your Locator ID (also known as Authorization Code on your payment receipt) to your appointment. You can also email your Locator ID to us so that we have a copy of it for our records.
If you have printed and completed the Hawaii marriage license application please remember to bring it with you to your appointment.
Contact us With any questions you may have concerning obtaining a Hawaii Marriage License or to schedule an appointment with a local Hawaii Marriage License agent.